Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sweet Memories

Had a wonderful lunch visit today with two friends from high school.  One was my teacher and one was my classmate.  We met at a lovely restaurant (and gift shop) called Sweet Memories. One of the really great things about the place is they serve girl's food.  Foods like "tuna salad with pecans and grapes on puff pastry" or "baby spinach, strawberries, almond slivers and goat cheese with balsamic dressing" or "strawberry lemonade" where the strawberries were mashed and whole in the lemonade.  Yum!  I took Bill there once because he wanted to know what I was raving about.  He did not like it at all - kept saying "where are the burgers?  where is the diet coke?"  Ummm, I tried to tell him, but he didn't believe me.

Sweet Memories - how appropriate. We caught up on many of the people we knew "way back when".  What surprised me was how little of the conversation was about the old days.  Both my friends are retired teachers and all of us have traveled a bit.  We visited many of the same places although one friend recently returned from a month in Australia!  While I envy the experience, the distance to get there puts me off.

I think what makes sweet memories are the people who are with you.  High school can be a very tough time and these two women were an important part of making that time good.  Good people, yes they are.

Sweet Memories, Emmaus, PA

No comments: