Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rita's Italian Ice

I realize I am about 10 years behind the rest of the country, but I never had Rita's until this year.  I always wanted to try it, but either the lines were too long or there was no parking or some other reason.  So we came out of a movie and I told Bill I wanted to try Rita's. We pass them all the time (they are everywhere, we are always passing them) but we didn't really know where one was.  As we were driving home, we passed one.  Serendipity, right? We stopped and I ordered a cherry Gelati.  Bill ordered a blendini. 

It was a BIG mistake.  Never should have stopped.  Never should have ordered.  NEVER should have eaten it.  So good.  I am now craving it.  They actually ask if there is a flavor you'd like to taste! 

So my second one was mango-peach and today I had watermelon.  Love, love, love watermelon.  So many flavors, so little time.  I'll bet there are gobs of calories.  Can I stick my head in the sand about it or should I actually look? 

1 comment:

Jim said...

Then thank goodness there aren't any in this area. I don't need calories and it's much easier to not be tempted than it is to say 'no' to temptation.