Friday, July 1, 2011

Old Fuddy Duddy

I think I am officially an old fuddy duddy. 

Yesterday late afternoon I left the house to go to the store.  In the first two miles, three cars were over the line on my side of the road.  Each jerked back to their own side and as they passed - all were looking at their not on the steering wheel hand - do you think it was their cell phone?  Yes, it really was three cars.  I would guess that nearly every time a driver is missing a light, driving erratically or backing up without looking there is a cell phone (hereafter called a phone) involved.

Monday I was leaving the grocery store.  I put the groceries in my trunk, stashed the cart and got in the car.  As I turned to back up, I saw it happen.  Two women - both on their respective phones - backed into each other.  Unbelievable.  I scurried out of there not wanting to be a witness.  Actually it was pretty funny - in a goofy sort of way.  I was trying to guess how the argument would go. 

Oh and while I was in the store a woman talking ridiculously loud on her phone, rammed my achilles heel with her cart.  "Sorry, I didn't see you" she said.  And went back to her conversation.  Um - really?  We were standing in the same line at the checkout.  Really?  You didn't see me? 

No I don't think cell phones should be outlawed.  I really like my phone.  It has lots of useful stuff on it like my calendar, phone list, GPS, clock, email, calculator, Facebook, Angry Birds (all 3 versions), Games for Nathan, Words with Friends, Twitter..... I could go on and on.   But only the GPS is useful when I am diving a car!  And that has limited use because it doesn't talk to me - I have to look at it.  So I only use it when Bill is driving or if i am driving - I use it while I am stopped to get my bearings.

Back to my original point.  I am a fuddy duddy.  I think people should be less litigious and more forgiving.  If you break it, you fix it.  When you borrow something, you return it in at least as good a shape as you borrowed it in, if not better.  You help your neighbor.  "Man" up to your mistakes and take responsibility for the outcome. 

Ah, the good old days.  Sigh.  Maybe it is like childbirth.  After a while, you really don't remember the pain. 


Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

No comments: