Thursday, July 7, 2011

Harry Potter

I am watching the first movie "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" or as they say in England - Philosopher's Stone.  I had forgotten how clever and funny the first book / story is.  I think this is my favorite HP book.  I remember reading it and thinking how much imagination went into creating the characters and places.  I mean quiddich - really?  Thinking about reading this as a child, I can only imagine dreaming of discovering you are really not common, but a wizard!  How cool!

Now I am about to admit something I did or rather didn't do.  I never read the last HP book, "HP and the Deathly Hallows".  Well, I read the first 4-5 chapters, then skipped to the end to find out who lived. 

I know - awful.  But I couldn't stand it anymore.  And then, once I knew what I wanted to know - I put the book down and never picked it up again - until last week.  I finally decided to read it all.  Partly because I was reminded about it since the last movie is coming out, partly because I want to read it and partly because Evan said it brought closure to a lot of things left open in the first 6 books.

So, I have been busy catching up on my reading when I'm not watching Nathan, playing on the computer or going to sporting events.  It sure is an exciting book.
So sad, the last HP book and movie. 

No comments: