Sunday, July 3, 2011

Email Glut

I am doing a really poor job of managing my email.  I looked at my inbox total this morning and it is 531.  Five hundred thirty one emails!  That doesn't include ads from companies that I've already listed as (cleverly enough) "Ads".  Those go into their own folder.

I'm tempted to just erase them all.  Might be a good plan then anyone who really had a question or information for me will have to email me again or call me.  Right?  Bad idea.

Here's the crux of the matter.  I am afraid I will miss something.  Never mind that by the time I get to the information it is probably too late.  At least I will know what I could have done if I had read it in time.  Sick - I know.

I think I not only have to clean up the glut, but I also have to figure out how to end some of the stuff I get.  I get between 80 and 120 a day.  Too much.  Also, I have two computers I use and only one actually downloads the emails. 

If you have any suggestions how you handle this, I'd appreciate advice.  Help!

1 comment:

Jim said...

Opt out of everything you don't want. Or if a lot of it is spam, you could change your e-mail address and let only those wanted e-mail senders know the new address.