Friday, June 17, 2011

Vacation Bible School

It starts Monday night.  I'm not ready.  I am doing everything possible to not do my lesson plan. I don't know why.  I just don't feel like it.  Okay, I got that out of my system.  I hope. 

What I really dread is the Sunday "what did you do in VBS?" show.  Every class prepares something, a skit, song, reading that shows what we have been studying.  Last year, my helper mom was brilliant.  The theme was Super Heroes and she created a song using Spiderman, Batman and Superman tunes.  Kids loved it, I loved it and so did the congregation.

This year the theme is Beach Bash VBS.  Beach boys music maybe?  Elvis ?  AARGH! 

Anyway, wish me luck.  I could use your prayers too.  So could my kids!

1 comment:

Jim said...

On a Hawaiian beach you could use a Don Ho song like "Tiny Bubbles" or the Hawaiian Wedding Song. Or one of his other croons.