Thursday, June 23, 2011

Temporary

Do you ever do something "for now" and you look up years later and it is still there?

So do I. 

We had these really beautiful canvases made of photos Bill took in Seattle and Pittsburgh.  First they were sitting against the wall because we couldn't agree where to hang them.  Then they were on the dining table for the same reason.  Then they were leaning against the wall again.  Finally I wanted to get them off the floor, so I perched one in the family room on a bare nail, and the other in the kitchen on an equally bare nail. 

They are not in a great location and they are not at the right height.  But for some strange reason, every time I look at them, they make me smile.  I remember where we were standing when we took the pictures.  I remember being with Steve for the weekend in Pittsburgh.  I remember taking Frank and Bev back to the Seattle location where we took that picture.  Both were such great vacations and seeing the pictures lets me visit them again.  

So even though the pictures are in the wrong place at the wrong height, I love seeing them.  Now if I could just figure out what to do with the other things that are in places "for now."  Truth is, most of the time I don't even notice.  How about you?



Pittsburgh at Dusk


No comments: