Wednesday, June 29, 2011

DVD Wednesday

I don't think the DVD player in the family room is / was broken.  It would only play the first few DVDs I bought.  It actually wrote across the display "Can't read disc".  Then the combo player in the living room (plays both DVDs and VHS tapes) stopped working for playing DVDs.  It does still play VHS tapes.  Finally found out that formats changed and some players will not be able to read the new format DVDs. 

Yesterday I bought a Sony Blu-ray player for the family room.  It can connect wirelessly to the internet if I buy a thingy for the USB port.  Easy hook-up, worked right away.  I wonder how long it will be before they change the DVD formats again. 

Now I have quite the collection of DVDs, especially for kids.  And they were spilling out of the containers - so I also bought a shelf unit.  Today Nathan and I put it together and he is very proud.  He put the movies away and found a few he never noticed before.  It was a good day.


No comments: